This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Transnet and its Operating Divisions (ODs) are committed to the transformation of the
workplace and the constitutional imperatives enshrined in the Employment Equity Act. Transnet will give
preference to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups defined as Black
people (including African and Coloured Females of all ethnic groups and people living with disabilities
who are citizens of the Republic of South Africa by birth or descent, or become citizens of the Republic of
South Africa by naturalisation; in line with Transnet and its Operating Divisions Employment Equity
Policy and Plan.
Only applications received via the careers portal will be considered, i.e. no email applications will be
Please email Careers-Help@transnet.net should you have any technical/ access issues.
- Contract is for a period of 4 months.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 20.06.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Pipelines
Position Title : Contract Administrator, IT Assets (4 months)
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : ICT
Location : Durban Central
Reporting To : Manager: IT Infrastructure & Sec Systems
Grade Level : H2X
Reference Number : 40001057
Position Purpose :
The Infrastructure Asset Specialist is responsible for the management of the life-cycle of all IT Assets which includes the
planning, acquisition, deployment, maintenance and support, retirement and disposals of IT assets.
To manage the facilitation and analysis of business requirements and opportunities to determine their feasibility and overall
benefit to the business.
To be responsible for the overall planning, co-ordination, execution, control and financial management of infrastructure
projects and the Operating Division technical lead for Transnet’s transversal projects representing TPL requirements and
Responsible for the development and management of the Contracts and service level agreements as delivered by outsource
partners including financial management, relationship management, performance management and service delivery
Defining and implementing innovation and improvement opportunities for more effective use of services, cost saving
opportunities and customer satisfaction.
Position outputs :
- Account for, manage and protect the integrity of assets and configuration items through the service lifecycle by ensuring
that only authorised components are used and only authorised changes are made
- Ensure the integrity of the assets and configurations required to control the services and IT infrastructure by establishing
and maintaining an accurate and complete asset management system.
– Asset management covering service assets across the whole service lifecycle – Provide a complete inventory of assets
- Full lifecycle management of IT and service assets, from the point of acquisition through to disposal
- Responsible for the Transnet Managed Print Services contract and asset lease at TPL ensuring printing and related
services meet business requirements.
– Maintenance of the asset inventory – ensure that selected components of a service, system or product (the configuration)
are identified, baseline and maintained and that changes to them are controlled.
- Compile the packs for Lease agreements signature and ensure the correctness
- Management of TPL printing environment and Managed Print Service contract administration.
- Manage and track progress of projects in area of responsibility with respect to scope, schedule, budget and results.
- Ensure that relevant spares are kept
- Management equipment assignments and dispatching timeously to ensure that SLA’s are met
- Manage all warranty and preventative maintenance activities to ensure that equipment is correctly maintained during this
- Management the buyback process to employees or disposal of Assets from TPL premise.
- Ensure that faults and requests are attended to and the Helpdesk system is updated.
- Manage all Infrastructure related software licenses and maintenance agreements.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to obtain asset information and ensure that asset information is submitted to other relevant
- On-going Risk Management and Mitigations
- Budget & Planning forecasting based on Infrastructure activities and initiatives.
- Produces regular reports on service performance and achievement.
- Organizes and maintains the service level review process with the business and service providers. Initiates any actions
required to maintain or improve service levels.
- Works with the service providers to improve processes in order to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Work closely with the vendor management teams to levy penalties and receives service credits in accordance with
prevailing Service Level Agreements.
- Analyse monthly service level reporting from outsource partners for accuracy, compliance to contract as well as
recommending areas for improvement.
- Resolve escalations and track performance issues with service providers and ICT management.
- Identify, control, record, report, audit and verify assets and configuration items
- Compile and test the TPL desktop and laptop images and co-ordinate testing with all relevant parties.
- Administration of the mobile voice and data services contract including sim card and handset provisioning, number porting,
spend manager/virtual package user profile creation and management, user support.
Qualifications & Experience :
- National Diploma in Information
Technology with 3 – 5 years’ IT relevant
experience or a National Certificate (12
months) with 6 – 8 years’ IT relevant
experience and training in the following
- Asset life cycle and configuration management
- Software licence management
- Software images
- Desktop support
- Vendor Management
- Project management
- Contracts management
- SLA Management
- Change Control Process and Management
- Strong communication and people skills
- Strong skills/experience in implementing information technology policies, procedures and practices in regulated computing
- Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication,