Our client is a leading fish processing company that import and export seafood products from and to various countries worldwide. They are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to be responsible for ensuring that the Food Safety System is implemented, maintained and improved.
Participate in continuous improvement projects and trial
Assist with training of staff as per training schedule
Ensure that Document Controller, Quality Controllers, Quality Administrators and Quality Supervisors perform their duties correctl
Ensure that the correct product specification for product being produced is available
Assist with third party audits, customer audits and supplier audits.
Conduct monthly Food Safety Meetings and obtain relevant trends and information for discussion
Conduct annual supplier audits
Ensure that the NPD procedures are followed
Investigate Customer Complaints and give feedback timeously
Assist in managing of label requirements and regulations
Ensure that all Internal audit findings are addressed and communicated effectively to all departments
Ensure that GMP audits are conducted by relevant staff members and that findings are addressed and communicated
Implementing and maintaining the Food Safety System (IFS Food) and updating documents and procedures to adhere to legislation and regulation.
Obtaining relevant information from Suppliers to update specifications accordingly and perform risk-based assessments.
Responsible for staff management within the QC department and responsible for reporting any queries and issues to HR
Implement and maintain the IS 14001, Air Cargo, Decalogue Management System.
- ND/Degree in Food Technology, Consumer Science or BsC in Food Science required
- Any additional qualifications in Quality Control and/or Food Safety advantageous
- HACCP knowledge advantageous
- Internal Auditing training advantageous
- Strong leadership skills
- Young, vibrant, go-getter, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Someone who is hard working, can think on their feet, loyal and a team player
- Keep a constant focus on the work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines – time management essential Must be literate
- Computer literate (Excel, Word & Microsoft)
- Own transport
Minimum 3 years related experience (management of staff)
FMCG experience advantageous
To apply, please email a comprehensive cvin WORD format, indicating all relevant contact info.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance Management: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma (Preferred)