The Employee Relations Specialist reports into the Group Head of ER and is responsible for supporting of group wide employee relations functions including but not limited to compliance with in country labour legislation and any ancillary laws of each country that Mr Price group has / will have a presence at any particular time.
- Development, maintenance of compliance frameworks together with governance and legal reports.
- Compile Group monthly compliance reports
- Providing advice to divisions on IR related issues.
- Keeps abreast of trends and news in the labour market policy, socio-political occurrences that impact Company.
- Supporting Group Head of ER in ensuring compliance with the regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act Safety.
- Responsible for developing frameworks, maintaining reports, training and implementing guidelines in the ER portfolio
- Employment Equity in South Africa and Namibia – arrange meetings, co-ordination, administration and reporting.
- Support Group Head of ER in developing programs aimed at upskilling people facilitators.
- Monitor trends in the Company’s employee relations indicators, and make recommends to the Group Head of ER.
- Drafting of employment contracts in line with relevant in country legislation.
- LLB law
- Admitted attorney
- Minimum of 4 years South African Labour law experience and understanding
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to travel
- Corporate and Health & Safety experience will be an added advantage
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; MILADYS; sheet street and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.