Our casual dining establishment needs an experienced Kitchen Manager/Chef to oversee kitchen operations!
The successful candidate will have culinary and management experience. We’re looking for a creative motivating professional who can delegate well but doesn’t mind contributing to prep work and cooking on the line.
You will report to the Owner and General Manager. You will have the opportunity to hire and train staff and build your team. The job requires between 40-50 hours a week and you must be available days, nights, weekends and/or holidays. We offer a good paid time off package, ski pass to Brighton Ski Resort and base pay with generous bonus structure. Exact shift hours will vary based on season and business needs.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct inventories and maintain inventory levels.
- Order supplies and food based on rapidly shifting demand.
- Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, cross train and on restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand.
- Assist with menu changes. Implement changes in the kitchen. Train staff on new changes.
- Lead and motivate kitchen team.
- Prepare food on the line and act as the lead line cook as needed.
- Prep cooking station and keep stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours as needed.
- Oversee and organize kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system.
- Verify all food products are properly dated, temped, and organized in accordance with the Utah Health Department.
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality, safety, and restaurant standards.
- Verify food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Coordinate with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.4+ year’s experience managing commercial kitchen operations * 4+ year’s experience cooking on the line * Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen. ServSafe certification a plus. * Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils * Very good physical condition and endurance to with stand long hours standing, walking, and lifting up to 50 pounds. * A team player with good communication skills and ability to motivate team members * Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure * Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Job Type: Full-time